SABDrain 601 is installed around the Darling Harbour precinct, as apart of the amazing upgrade to the area.
Darling Harbour is one of Sydney’s CBD’s most visited places. The $2.5 billion project transformed the former dockside area into an amazing tourist destination. The aim of the redevelopment was to integrate commercial buildings with lifestyle areas to increase Darling Harbour’s importance as a major family & tourist destination.
The revamp of the quarter includes:
- Playground – the largest city playground with play equipment for all ages, including water play equipment
- Retail Terrace – a mix of bars, restaurants, cafes and convenience stores to serve families and office workers.
- Community Green – an open grassy area for people to picnic and relax
- Illuminated Exterior – the entire exterior of the western buildings becomes an interactive digital canvas.
- Feature Lighting – lighting creates a vibrant night time precinct, dining experience and the first illuminated playground.
Our 601 grates were modified as apart of the feature lighting initiative. Opposite the International Convention Centre amongst the gardens there lies a synchronized misting surprise. To provide a space to carry electrical cables and as apart of the landscape design, SABDrains channel & grate is installed around the precinct. This is kept secure by a 2 point lock down system, which can be easily unlocked for easy maintenance.
SAB601 Galvanised Steel Grated Channel 150mm x 150mm
Have a custom grate in mind? Contact the friendly team at SABDrain to see your idea come to life 😊